Recommended sources to support lecturers and students for digital marketing courses
If you have bought or have adopted Dave’s books for your courses and lecturing – thank you, I hope you’ve found them helpful and inspiring!
This resource links to my recommendations for lecturers and students resources such as latest books, slides, statistics and videos to support teaching and learning.
Some of these articles are from the Smart Insights blog which gives more detail on the latest developments in digital marketing, digital business and e-commerce that may not yet be available in the books. The updates then feed into future editions of the books.
What is Smart Insights?
I’m co-founder of Smart Insights, a marketing skills development platform with customers in more than 120 countries. Smart Insights is a freemium platform with some free digital marketing templates and guides on digital marketing trends available to free members.
I recommend students and lecturers check out Smart Insights free membership – join here.
Smart Insights help their members improve their digital marketing skills and businesses improve their return on digital marketing via access to their educational platform offering best practices templates, guides, market insights and e-learning – review Smart Insights premium membership benefits.
Since my books have been through multiple editions, check the latest edition of Dave Chaffey’s books.
Pearson education support site
If you’re a lecturer or student, the Pearson site gives access to lecturers materials and examination copies for the different books. These include Powerpoints and instructors manuals for lecturers who register:
- Digital marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice, 7e
- Digital business and e-commerce management, 7e
Routledge support site
- Digital marketing Excellence, 5e – Routledge has inspection copies and an Ebook version available.
Downloadable slides on Slideshare
Recommended sources for students to access quality statistics on consumer and business adoption are recommended in the chapters on situation analysis in our books. They’re provided online for convenience for readers:
- Comprehensive list of digital marketing statistics sources
- Free digital Marketing competitor benchmarking tools – tools to compare the audience of different channels – useful for student projects comparing companies in a sector
A small selection of YouTube videos to show how technology changes consumer behaviour
- How real people make Google Search better (Search Quality Raters, 2020)
- How Google Search Works (in 5 minutes) (From Google)
- How Ads appear in Google Search (from Google)
Social media marketing
- Social Dilemma (Digital addiction) – 10 minute summary of best scenes from the film The Social Dilemma (2020)
- Burger King Brazil digital campaign example
- Digital Minimalism – Cal Newport
- How Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google manipulate our emotions’ by Scott Galloway of NYSU
- Example viral marketing videos
- Think With Google – Google’s Unskippable Labs has run over 250 video ad experiments. Learn their 4-pronged approach
- Online advertising – the breakup
- Generation C
- Improving site design by structured experiments – Examples from Luke Wrobelowski of Google
- The Digital Switch-on of the Consumer Goods Industry using the Internet of Things (IoT) – Evrythng
- Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) and the transformation of global payments
- Generation IP 2025
- The shocking reality of Ecommerce – funny video
- Example YouTube campaign video encouraging Ecommerce adoption – humour
- Craig Sullivan of Belron on the benefits of CRO for Belron/Autoglass
- Ecommerce checkout in real life – showing the problems of checkout we still face – humour
Sources for campaign examples and digital creative
These examples can be used to discuss the communications goals of campaigns and how they are implemented to target online audiences and encourage interaction and purchase.