A landing page is any entrance page to a website where a visitor arrives after they click on an ad or other form of link from a referring site or an offline campaign.
It can be a home page but is often a page deeper within the site with the messaging focused on an offer featured in an ad or another site.
Types of landing page
There are many types of landing pages as shown by this visual including these types and examples:
- Home page – the main page typically indicated by ‘/’ in analytics
- Category page – a grouping of related product pages
- Product page – details about a single product or service
- Blog page – a news page or feature article
- Dedicated independent landing page – a page specifically designed to increase response to visits from paid media
- Utility page – About or Contact Us
All websites have landing pages which are the entry points where visitors arrive as shown in the Landing page report in Google Analytics: